Our newest 2021 addition to the FCD course family, Sew for Profit. A 10 week programme aimed at beginners who want to learn how to sew and sell their products.
This course is designed to equip an individual with the skills needed to start a sewing business and earn an income from home.
This is a 10 week course that consists of two and a half days of training per week (1½ days of theory and 1 day of practical training per week).
Learners are expected to commence sewing business activities, producing weekly evidence of sales and expenses.
- Business skills
- Sewing skills : Eazy Stitch levels 1 to 4
- Level 1 : Usage and storage of a sewing machine and preparation of materials
- Level 2 : Sewing neatly; frills and ruffles; bias-binding; covered cord; making darts; grading
- Level 3 : zippers, button holes, interface, appliqué and double layers
- Level 4 : Taking body measurements correctly; reading patterns; pinning, cutting and adjusting patterns
Student Entrance Requirements: A desire to start a sewing business and willingness to sell hand-made products during the course · Able and willing to learn in English · Min Grade 9 (Preferred) · Access to a sewing machine (preferred)
Cost to student: R300
Cost to FCD to train one student: R8000