You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website
Your consent applies to the following domains: www.fisantekraal.org.za
What are cookies ?
As most of the online services, our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes. First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
What types of cookies do we use ?
Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket, and checkout securely.
Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit, etc. These data help us understand and analyze how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
Marketing: Our website displays advertisements. These cookies are used to personalize the advertisements that we show to you so that they are meaningful to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns.
The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
Functional: TThese are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing content of the website on social media platforms.
Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
The below list details the cookies used in our website.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Analytics”.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category “Functional”.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Necessary”.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Performance”.|
How can I control the cookie preferences ?
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more about how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.
Last updated: 29 June 2021
As per legislation, the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) is effective from 1 July 2021. We, Fisantekraal Centre for Development would like to ensure that we do everything to protect all relevant stakeholders’ personal information and that we are compliant to POPIA.
• We want you to understand who you are sharing your information with, what kind of information we are collecting and how we use the information.
• We need your information to deliver the right service and / or products and / or correspondence that you require.
o We only share your personal information with companies we trust and that help us to provide our services to you and who have agreed to keep your information secure, confidential and to only use it for authorised purposes. Your privacy is important to us, which is why it is our policy not to share your personal information with other companies.
o We may collect from and share your personal information with selected third parties to ensure we meet our responsibilities as registered Non-profit Organisation specialising in skills development. These third parties may include, but are not limited to: Job Shadow partners; Placement partners, Funders; HR Consultants; Auditors; our authorised IT Service providers etc.
o We will never sell your personal information.
• Additionally, you may request that we provide you with the personal information we have on our records. The Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000, PAIA gives effect to section 32 of the Constitution, which provides that everyone has the right to access information held by the State, as well as information held by another person (or private body) when such privately held information is required to exercise a right or to protect a right.
• PAIA, provides that a person requesting information must be given access to any record of a private body, if that record is required for the exercise or the protection of a right. However, such request must comply with the procedural requirements laid down by the Act. For more information – our detailed PAIA Manual is displayed on our website.
What information we collect
• Depending on whether you enquire about being a Beneficiary (student); Volunteer; Job shadow/ Placement partner; Funder, Employee / Board member and / or if you want to receive information from us like newsletters; alerts; info on special occasions; have access to our website etc. we will require personal information from you. We will only request relevant information that serves a specific purpose as per POPIA requirements.
• By agreeing to this policy, you agree and accept that there is certain compulsory information you must provide us with if you want to enjoy all of the features and functionality on the Website and / or our products / services. If you decide not to provide us with such compulsory information, you agree that we may limit certain features and functionality on the website or our services / products.
Marketing by email; WhatsApp; text messages
If you give us permission, we may use your personal information to tell you about our community projects and other related services or initiatives that may interest you. We will do this by email, WhatsApp or text message (SMS). If you later decide that you do not want us to do this, you will always have the option to opt out.
We conduct surveys from time to time
We send out surveys from time to time. You can choose to respond or not, and you can unsubscribe from receiving them.
We don’t collect the information of persons under 18
We do not collect the information of persons under 18 without the consent of their parents or guardians. If you are under the age of 18 you must not provide personal information to us without the consent of your parent or guardian.
Your rights and preferences
• You have the right to know what personal information we have about you, to correct it and to opt-out of any marketing / our website.
• You have the right to:
o Ask what personal information we hold about you,
o Ask what information was sent to FCD business related third parties,
o Ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we hold about you,
o Unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you,
o Object to the processing of your personal information,
• We can refuse to delete your information if we are required by law to retain it or if we need it to protect our rights.
• We take your privacy and the security of your personal information seriously.
• We have implemented reasonable security safeguards and measures to protect the personal information that you provide or to minimise any threats. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. As no system is perfect, we cannot guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
• We will let you know of any breaches, if we are made aware of it, which affect your personal information.
• Please note that any e-mail you send to us is not encrypted and may be monitored by us. Please do not send us highly sensitive or confidential personal information by means of e-mail.
• You have a right to lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any contravention of POPIA
Third Party sites
• To the extent allowed by law, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of a third party site to which there may be a link on the website, or for any claims, loss or damage arising from these.
Protection of Personal Information Act and other laws
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, via e-mail to email@example.com or by phone: 021 975 7764.